Friday, October 19, 2012

I'm really bad at maintaining this blog. I vow to try better and try to post more from now on. Therefore, I'm going to start with what Jalen and I did at the beginning of this month.

Jalen was able to get about ten days leave and during that time we took a vacation to Utah and Las Vegas. I was glad to spend a couple of days in Utah with my family. Then on to Las Vegas for the TOUGH MUDDER!!!

The Tough Mudder is a 10 mile "race" full of 20 obstacles designed by military professionals. Some of the obstacles include but aren't limited to below freezing water, mud, and electricity. It is said to be the hardest run to complete. The key to it is teamwork.

This year Jalen and five of his siblings participated in this run in the middle of the desert about two hours from Las Vegas. My in-laws and I had the privilege to watch these six amazing individuals work together and complete the entire run without skipping any obstacles on the way.

 
TEAM H2O!
 
 
 
Together before the race

 
Taking the plunge

 
Trying not to get wetter

 
Monkey Bars


 
Electrical Wires

 
VICTORY!!
 
I'm very proud of my siblings and next year it's my turn to earn my headband and spiffy t-shirt by finishing the race with this amazing team and even more team mates.
 
 
More later...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment