Tuesday, June 18, 2013

New job, New beginnings

Once again I can't seem to maintain this blog, but I'm trying to get better. The only problem I have is that I don't believe that my life is very exciting so....let's see if my words will make it seem more interesting.

Here we go...

I became an aunt again on May 18th to Prestin Grimm Peterson. He is a very handsome little boy that is the exact opposite of his older brother. Prestin is dark haired with what looks like will be brown eyes (he's still too young to know for sure) and Rylee (older brother who will be 3 in August) is very towheaded with very light blue eyes. I was able to fly back to Utah (thanks to my grandparents giving me frequent flyer miles) and help my sister and brother-in-law juggle settling into a new house (they had just moved in when Prestin arrived) a toddler, and driving back and forth to the hospital to do feeding since Prestin decided to come two months early. Let me tell you keeping up with a toddler is very challenging when you aren't used to it and I assume when you are used to it. I am in awe of mothers of toddlers. How do they do it?

Rylee and Prestin


After a week of chasing a toddler and painting said toddler's bedroom for purple with Disney princess banner to bright orange accent wall and closet and gray wall I was exhausted and missing my hubby something terrible. I did have the good fortune to see one of my very close friends from my days at UVU. I had missed girl talk and catching up...

I did get the job I had interview for before I left to Utah. It's a Certified Nursing Assistant position at Life Care Center of Cheyenne. I have done two rotations of clinicals at this facility and it is hands down one of the best facilities I have been in. I start with orientation tomorrow which will be a very long 9 hours of sitting and learning facility policies and ways of the trade. Wish me luck? I'm sure now that I will be working with the elderly I might have funny anecdotes to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment